Why do you need a plan to vote?
So…have you thought about what you’re going to do on Election Day? I know….you’re going to vote, right? But it’s really helpful to plan your day so you don’t forget (eek!) or run out of time (I’m sooooo busy!).
Have you thought about these questions? Here is a guideline to think about as you get ready to vote and consider what to include in your Election Day Plan!
- Are you registered to vote?
- Do you want to vote early?
- Do you want to vote by mail?
- Do you know where to vote in person on Election Day?
- Does your office give you time to vote?
- How does that impact your voting time?
- Will you drive? Take public transportation?
- Did you know Uber and Lyft are offering free rides to the polls on Election Day?
- Can you take your neighbor?
- Will you teach your daughter or son how to vote this year?
- Can your mom join you?
- What can you do if someone tells you that you can’t vote today at the polls?
- Do you know enough about the candidates?
- Do you know where they stand on food issues?
- Can you explain to your child or your neighbor why you’re voting for your top candidate? What is important to you?
Thinking through these questions will help you get ready for this critical Election Day.
Vote as if your life depends on it….because it does!
Healthy food should be a right, not a privilege.