DINNER WITH FPA CO-FOUNDER TOM COLICCHIO SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
By Mark Noble | December 8th, 2016 | |
FOOD POLICY ACTION: DINNER WITH FPA CO-FOUNDER TOM COLICCHIO SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THIS ONLINE PROMOTION (THE “PROMOTION”). BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW. NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL…
FOOD POLICY ACTION: DINNER WITH FPA CO-FOUNDER TOM COLICCHIO SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING ...
FOOD POLICY ACTION:
DINNER WITH FPA CO-FOUNDER TOM COLICCHIO SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THIS ONLINE PROMOTION (THE “PROMOTION”).
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE UNITED STATES CITIZENS OR WHO RESIDE IN THE LOWER CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHO ARE 18 OR OLDER (OR HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) AS OF DECEMBER 8, 2016. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND FOOD POLICY ACTION (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD A PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win the prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Sponsor and its affiliated organization Food Policy Action Education Fund, and Crafted Hospitality, and the affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies of these entities and people living in the same household are not eligible to win the prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No more than two entries per person.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor and its affiliated organization Food Policy Action Education Fund, and Crafted Hospitality, and the affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies of these entities (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. 3. Promotion Periods. The Promotion starts at 12:00 p.m. (all times Eastern Time) on December 8, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2016. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. 4. Prize. One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize” or the “Trip”): Round-trip coach-class airplane tickets for winner from the major airport closest to the winner’s address within the lower contiguous 48 states or the District of Columbia to New York City or a destination to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (“Destination”), including ground transportation to and from the airport at the Destination;
One (1) night accommodations for winner at a hotel to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
The opportunity for winner to attend a dinner at a Craft restaurant or another location with Tom Colicchio on a date to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Approximate retail value of the Prize: $1,150.
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, restaurant, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and other Trip logistics and details. Dates of travel are subject to availability. If winner’s address is within 100 miles of the Destination, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide ground transportation to the Trip hotel or event in lieu of an airplane ticket. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, winner is responsible for ground transportation to and from the airports and hotel, all meals and all other expenses that such winner incurs in connection with the Trip. Sponsor will also determine, in its sole discretion, the date, location, attendees, and all other relevant details of the Trip. There will be no substitution or cash redemption of the prize, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion, if the prize becomes unavailable.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if any requested winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 11 and 12 below) are not promptly returned after being sent to a winner or if two (2) attempts to contact a winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except in Sponsor’s discretion, if the prize becomes unavailable. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
8. Promotion Rules. One (1) potential winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period to be held at 1436 U Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009 no later than January 3, 2017. The potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail by January 7, 2017. To claim the prize, the potential winner needs to follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his/her notification. In the event that the potential winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact him/her or is otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the prize to such potential winner, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from the remaining eligible entries.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the prize, the winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Dinner with Tom Colicchio Sweepstakes Winner List. You can also view the Winner List by visiting http://foodpolicyaction.org/ on or after January 15, 2017, until at least April 30, 2017. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://foodpolicyaction.org/2016-dinner-official-rules/ or send letter to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Dinner with Tom Colicchio Sweepstakes Rules Request.
13. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Dinner with Tom Colicchio Sweepstakes Questions.
14. Sponsor: Food Policy Action, 1436 U Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009.